Jimmy Swindell October 2008
For a first time writer, Ray E. Jackson has published a true story from first hand experience, the dangerous everyday life of a military policeman in Viet Nam that is so mezmorizing, that I could not put the book down before its finish. Writing a book is no easy task but, Ray has made a hit on his very first try. The daily routines of a military policeman is no easy task, especially in a war zone. Each chapter told a story in itself, keeping the reader on the edge of his seat. He is a disabled veteran due to his exposure to agent orange while on his tour in Viet Nam. Ray met many new friends during his tour in Viet Nam, along with old friends from Ennis where he was born and raised. Today he still keeps in touch with those friends as often as possible. I encourage everyone to purchase this book and experience for yourself what life was like during the Viet Nam era for not only a military policeman, but for others who fought in this war. I rate this book five stars and look forward to Ray's next book due out soon dealing with an everyday man's tragedy of life, love, and the horror of loosing an amazing son so early in his life. Thumbs up Ray, way up.
Dian Beaudoin at 6:34pm June 3
What I like is your devotion to family and that you have the courage to stand up for what you believe. I'm about halfway through your book, Ray, and with each chapter my admiration for you, Jimmy, and all our veterans grows. One of my daughter's friends will be deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan in November (or next May, not sure yet). He's an A&M grad, now in the Marines, and that young crazy kid I knew when he was in HS is now a young man who will one day have maturity and appreciation for home that can only come from being away from it. God bless you and all those who sacrifice for the things we hold dear!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment