Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
An American disabled veteran from the Vietnam era who found time in his life to devote to writing. He is the author of "Military Police Protection in Southeast Asia." The book is about the day to day life and camaraderie among troops in a war zone, and the love and respect of veterans throughout history. He is presently working on his next book about family love, heartaches, and tragedy families endure.
1 comment:
Military Police Protection in Southeast Asia by Ray E. Jackson
by Swindell
Reader Rating:
See Detailed Ratings
November 09, 2008: From the opening dialog of this informative book, I was mezmorized by the author's ability to expand on the everyday danger of a military policeman in a combat zone. For a first time writer, Jackson has shown a knack for picking up a pen and giving the reader an actual vision of what it was like to fight in Viet Nam. Being a military policeman in Viet Nam was no cakewalk. It took courage, extreme devotion to God and country, and a knack for knowing when to keep your head down during an incoming rocket attack. Jackson leads you through 365 days, through the highs to the extreme lows of loosing a fellow American to unfriendly fire. As I read through the book, I experienced Viet Nam along with the author and relived the Viet Nam I went through in 1969. From beginning to end, this book kept me involved in a day to day walk through his experiences and kept me wondering what the next page would bring. I would recommend this book to all who either experienced Viet Nam for themselves or has the desire to find out what it was really like to fight a war in the jungles of Viet Nam. Thumbs up Jackson, you have a winner in Military Police Protection in Southeast Asia, Fallen American Heros. I am looking forward to your next book. Good luck and thanks for your dedication to God and Country.
Post a Comment